In the news
1. Plug your computer system into a power strip and turn off the strip when you leave the room or go to sleep.
2. For that study lamp, use compact flourescent light bulbs.
3. Wash only full loads of laundry (but don’t over stuff the washer or dryer either.)
4. Set your computer to go to sleep after 10 minutes of inactivity. Screensavers do not save energy – but sleep mode does!
5. Nothing like early attic or hand-me-down furniture to help stock-up your room. It creates a unique living environment while purchasing new goods.
For 5 more energy savings tips, read next week’s edition of The Siskiyou.
- About Us
- Local Chapters
- Get Involved